Ductless Fume Hoods
Mon, 08/20/2012 - 11:12am
PURAIR 5 ductless fume hoods from Air Science USA feature a high level of operator protection where routine work is being carried out. According to the company:
- The units exceed OSHA, ANSI and all relevant international standards.
- The ductless design eliminates installation costs and allows the unit to be positioned over a sink or benchtop apparatus.
- There are three models available with a choice of 24-, 36- or 48-inch widths.
- The units operate at low noise levels and because they recirculate, they do not exhaust expensive conditioned and/or heated air into the atmosphere.
- A face velocity of 100 fpm ensures containment of fumes and particulates for operator protection.
- An alarm alerts the operator when the airflow falls to an unacceptable level.
- The unit can be placed on any bench top, and an optional polypropylene spillage tray can be provided when required.
- The rear of the unit has lighting to illuminate the work surface.
- The patented filter clamping mechanism allows for the filter to be easily installed and ensures an even seal at the filter face at all times to prevent bypass leakage.
- The main filter can be chosen from 14 different types of carbon, which include specialty media for vapors of organics, solvents, acids, mercury and formaldehyde.