Basking in Autonomous STARDOM
Yokogawa Electric’s STARDOM FCN autonomous controller has been certified for use as a flow computer by Measurement Canada. This certification is based on the determination that the STARDOM FCN autonomous controller has the same accuracy as a conventional flow computer. The company believes that its STARDOM FCN also offers:
- The capability to make effective use of plant information through the digitization of communications between field devices and control systems.
- Support of field digital communication protocols, such as HART®, Modbus and FOUNDATION™ fieldbus, in addition to conventional analog transmitter signals, for use with a wide range of transmitters.
- The PRM asset management system to increase maintainability, while reducing both engineering time and the cost of monitoring widely distributed facilities.
- The power to realize increased accuracy in gas measurement and improved controllability, enabling assets to be used to maximum effectiveness.
- Suitability for gas fields that are spread out over a wide area, with less engineering time and a reduced maintenance workload.