Modular Evaporators for Oil Sands
Wed, 07/11/2012 - 11:05am
Aquatech has unveiled its SMARTMOD™ modular, flexible and redeployable evaporator technology for the oil sands market. According to the company, the SMARTMOD further boasts:
- A vertical tube, falling film evaporator profile for treating difficult produced water sources and reusing produced water.
- Steam-assisted gravity drainage, an enhanced oil recovery technology for producing heavy crude oil and bitumen, in which high-pressure steam is injected into the formation, heating the bitumen, which lowers its viscosity, and allows the mixture of bitumen and water from condensed steam to be pumped out.
- Online washing that allows for continuous distillate production at greater than 70 percent of design capacity during washing.
- A reduced center of mass and evaporator weight, so the SMARTMOD module and vessels eliminate the need for building a large evaporator building, or foundation labor and materials.
- The lowest capital expenditure and lifecycle cost evaporator system available today.
- 10 percent lower power consumption over conventional evaporator systems.
- A multiple-section design to ensure ASME distillate quality.