Tharo Systems Inc., manufacturer of THARO H-Series printers, offers a stand-alone label-printing station that can be remotely operated and can perform many software functions using a keyboard — with no computer attached. The company says that the printers are characterized by:
- They offer flexibility of use, security and standard, out-of-the-box features.
- Users can download label formats, graphics and databases to the printer’s Flash Memory (or a CompactFlash Card), disconnect the printer from the PC, plug in a standard PC keyboard, and take the printer to another location.
- Using the keyboard, users can input data, specify the number of labels to print and merge database information into your format.
- The printers provide greater security, because a format downloaded to the Flash Memory cannot be altered without re-attaching the printer to a PC.
- They are ideal for companies concerned about the additional cost of a computer, saving work space, harsh environments for computers and training “computer” operators.