Immediately Detect Device Failure
Mon, 07/09/2012 - 12:30pm
Baumer presents its HS35F incremental hollow-shaft encoders with an integrated enhanced monitoring system that signals potential failure of the encoder. According to the company, the HS35F additionally offers:
- The power to improve the safety and reliability of heavy-duty processing lines, and minimize downtime by providing positioning/speed control and enduring extreme mechanical strain.
- A rapid microprocessor to continuously monitor the encoder throughout its speed range.
- An alarm to provide the master controller with a message if and/or when a potential failure is detected.
- A green LED activity light that indicates proper operation as a visual signal of the encoder's status, whereas a flashing red LED indicates an error in increments, zero pulse or signal consistency, plus a solid red LED to indicate output driver overload.
- An off LED light that signifies either the encoder is not supplying a signal or is improperly connected, helping to ensure proper wiring and connection of the encoder during installation.
- A ShaftLock system that allows the shaft to reliably endure high mechanical loads, even at speeds up to 5,000 RPMs, with 60 arcseconds or better accuracy.
- Shaft diameters from 0.5 to 1.0 inches, which can be further customized with shaft insert adapters that provide electrical isolation against voltages up to 2.5 kV and prevent bearing corrosion/wear.
- Dual seals, lubricants, and a durable powder coating on the bearing housing and cover to effectively protect against corrosion and permit operation in nearly all environmental conditions.
- A heavy-duty design that includes durable castings and wall structures.
- Tether mounting to ease installation.
- Suitability for motor and drive control in oil and gas processing, wind power, food and beverage processing, metalworking, printing, packaging, material handling, solar/photovoltaic module manufacturing, textile processing and wood/lumber processing applications, as well as in heavy equipment, such as cranes, hoists, elevators and service vehicles.
- Availability of IP67 versions, which are equipped with impermeability seals that protect against high-pressure washdowns.