Hollow Fiber Ultrafiltration Modules
Wed, 07/18/2012 - 8:14am
QUA® presents its Q-SEP® 2008 hollow fiber ultrafiltration modules with greater flexibility for applications in which water demand is low. Moreover, this compact module offers:
- A self-encapsulated hollow fiber ultrafiltration membrane module (inside-out) manufactured with the company’s Cloud Point Precipitation method, which ensures a high pore density along the length of the fiber and uniform pore size distribution in the membrane.
- The ability to deliver water quality with a low silt density index, and optimize the rejection of bacteria and viruses.
- Construction from a hydrophilic polyether sulfone material that offers high fiber strength and optimal low fouling characteristics.
- Consistent treated water quality, irrespective of changes in feedwater.
- The elimination of the need to add coagulant chemicals for most applications.
- A membrane surface area of 20.0 square meters (215.27 square feet); a total length of 1,015 mm, including the end cap; a diameter of 225 mm (8.85 inches); and a weight of 28 Kg (61.39 pounds).
- Availability with 0.8-mm (inner dia.) fibers suitable for feedwater with low turbidity, whereas1.2-mm (inner dia.) fibers treat water with higher turbidity.
- Suitability for pretreatment to reverse osmosis systems (brackish and seawater applications), purification of surface and well water for potable applications, filtration of industrial water, and wastewater recycle and reuse.
- Vertical mounting.
- An NSF certification.