Flow Rates & Pressure Drops in Piping
Bell & Gossett recently released version 4 of its ® program, which is an update for calculating flow rates and pressure drops in piping systems, for PC computers. According to the company, its program not only provides a more comprehensive, user-friendly and web-based selection tool, but also features:
- Displays of Reynolds numbers, flow rates, relative roughness and friction factors, along with friction loss and velocity values.
- Viscosity correction functionality that allows the user to adjust for different water temperatures up to 350ºF, and varying concentrations and temperatures of ethylene, propylene glycol and other fluids with known properties.
- A balance section, which can calculate adjustments based on fluid type and has a report generator to aid balancing contractors, with preset and gauge data for circuit setter, large circuit setter and triple-duty valves.
- Help in calculating system head loss.
- A library of fittings, reducers and valves.
- An NPSHa calculator with open- and closed-system support.
- More fluid property information.
- Lock icons to indicate what variable is to be solved.
- Expanded pipe size calculations through 48 inches (dia.).
- ASHRAE 90.1 pipe-sizing standards, in addition to estimated pump energy cost based on pipe sizes.
- Support for PVC and HVAC pipe.
- A Spanish language option.
- A free and convenient download at www.xyleminc.com/ESP.