Enhanced Connectivity Software for Oil & Gas
Wed, 07/11/2012 - 10:46am
Software Toolbox® recently released its TOP Server Version 5.9, powered by Kepware, with new applications designed for the oil and gas industry, as well as enhancements and fixes for existing communications drivers. Other features include:
- The first phase of the new Electronic Flow Measurement (EFM) Suite that enables EFM data export for midstream applications in the oil and gas industry, which is important for measuring production and other metrics, as well as for reporting and compliance purposes.
- An EFM Exporter Plug-In, with export capabilities for the Flow-Cal proprietary CFX file format, with future support to include Quorum PGAS, generic CSV and Flow-Cal Liquids formats.
- Connectivity drivers for Enron Modbus and OMNI Flow Computers, with future support to include Fisher ROC and ABB Totalflow.
- An OPC and native HMI device connectivity software application that offers more than 130 different device drivers and plug-ins.
- New drivers, in addition to enhancements to the main server.
- Planned updates that will focus on expanding upstream and midstream connectivity solutions to provide end-users with a comprehensive oil and gas solution.
- Protocol diagnostics file persistence to configure TOP Server protocol diagnostics at both the channel and device level to automatically save to a file for future review, providing enhanced troubleshooting of device communication issues over time.
- OPC diagnostics file persistence that can be set to automatically save to a file, allowing future review for troubleshooting client connectivity issues over time.
- Expanded functionality and improvements made to the ControlLogix Ethernet, Beckhoff TwinCAT Ethernet, Bristol/IP Driver, Fisher ROC Suite, Modbus Suite drivers, Siemens TCP/IP Ethernet, UCON and Yokogawa Suite drivers.
- Availability for download, or as an upgrade for users with active support and maintenance contracts at www.toolboxopc.com.