Silicone Cables for Cleanroom Robots
Wed, 06/27/2012 - 11:56am
Cicoil’s highly flexible silicone jacketed cables are designed to provide uninterrupted service and absolute reliability for cleanroom robots. According to the company:
- Unlike other types of cables, such as PVC, Polyurethane or PTFE, the company's designs are non-contaminating and Class 1 Clean Room Rated for continuous motion applications.
- Even under extensive tight bending and high speed flexing, the exclusive, crystal-clear silicone encapsulation will not wear, tear or deform during a lifetime of more than 10 million cycles.
- This unique silicone is self-healing from small punctures and will not degrade or delaminate when exposed to de-ionized water, alcohol, steam, UV light, autoclave, mechanical stress and many chemicals.
- The company's proprietary extrusion process allows multiple wires, power conductors, shielded signal pairs, video and coax conductors, tubing and other design elements to be placed in a single flat cable, precisely controlling the inner component spacing, jacket thickness and the overall cable shape.
- Incorporating multiple elements into a single, compact flat cable allows for a tighter bend radius, weight/space savings, greater current carrying capacity, noise reduction and longer flex life.
- Standard, off-the-shelf cables are available from stock for immediate delivery and custom designs, including cable assemblies with connectors of your choice, 100 percent tested and inspected, are also available with minimum lead times.
- In addition, the company offers anti-friction coatings, static dissipative and custom shape designs by request.