Portable Leak Detector
Wed, 06/27/2012 - 12:08pm
With the MiniTest 300, Pfeiffer Vacuum introduces the first vacuum leak detector with quartz window technology. The company says that this detector is characterized by:
- The helium is not detected as it usually is with a mass spectrometer, but with a quartz window sensor.
- Weighing only 11 pounds, the MiniTest 300 is excellently suited for mobile leak detection and is therefore the ideal companion for on-site service calls.
- In combination with the wireless remote control operation of the RC 500 WL, even large facilities and systems can be tested for leakages by just one person.
- The detector operates at a working pressure of up to 200 mbar, without requiring additional pressure reduction.
- The detection limit of 5 by 10-7 mbar I/s (with a pumping speed of 1 l/s of the system pump) enables its use for leak detection in many industrial applications, such as coating and vacuum systems as well as for vacuum furnaces.
- The device is equipped with two different leak detection functions: An existing leak is located as quickly as possible when in search mode, the qualitative leak detection mode; if the size value of the leak is also needed, the measuring mode — the quantitative leak detection mode — must be used.