Fluid Imaging Technologies' VisualSpreadsheet© V3.2 particle-analysis software is a companion to the company’s FlowCAM® particle imaging and analysis system that automatically detects, images and identifies thousands of particles and microorganisms in seconds. According to the company:
- VisualSpreadsheet V3.2 features a suite of advanced shape-characterization properties that rapidly yields accurate, statistically significant measurement data of elongated and curved particles and microorganisms.
- These new measurement properties provide expanded pattern-recognition capabilities for higher levels of discrimination among elongated cells and particles such as diatoms and fibers.
- The VisualSpreadsheet V3.2-enabled FlowCAM replaces cumbersome, manual microscopy and volumetric-based systems such as laser diffraction that assume all particles to be spherical with a modern, high-speed approach that bases measurements on actual, individual images, which permits the amount of curl or straightness to be reliably calculated.
- The new VisualSpreadsheet V3.2 is an intuitively easy-to-use, spreadsheet-based interface for viewing the images and measurement data and analyzing the data in a variety of custom graphs and overlays while also filtering and sorting in real-time without re-running the sample.
- The particle analyzer software comes installed with the FlowCAM instrumentation and is backwards-compatible for retrofit on FlowCAM models in the field.