Long-Lasting Trough & Return Idlers
Mon, 06/25/2012 - 9:50am
Elite Roller Manufacturing introduces patented steel can trough and return idlers, which include two tapered roller bearings in each hub (four per idler) for significantly longer service life. According to the company, the unique design:
- Lasts up to three times longer than traditional two-bearing designs.
- Withstands more severe applications than traditional rollers.
- Is made with universal shafts.
- Fits any manufacturers' brackets, making them ideal for a use in mining, aggregate materials handling, power plants or any material handling environments where conveyors and rollers are utilized.
- Allows the re-use of the axle assembly, yielding a significant savings over replacing entire idler assemblies.
- Is available in 5-, 6- and 7-inch diameters with standard shell thickness of 3/16 and ¼ inch.
- Comes standard with ¾ inch bearings, while heavy duty rollers are equipped with 1 ¼ inch bearings.
- Is available for belt widths of 18 to 96 inches, with an optional polyurethane coating.
- Features inner support tubes that ensure that hubs are independent of each other for smoother operation and longer life.
- Is available with stainless steel shafts for corrosive applications.