All-Welded Process Gauges & Diaphragm Seals
Thu, 06/14/2012 - 12:22pm
AMETEK U.S. Gauge® has added a finned-top model to its XR Series of all-welded process gauges and diaphragm seals. According to the company:
- The added feature improves the cooling capabilities of the integrated pressure gauge and diaphragm seal.
- The finned design reduces process temperatures from 225°F to 160°F.
- The new process gauge combines the proven safety, durability and performance of a high-quality SOLFRUNT® 1981 pressure gauge with an AMETEK M&G diaphragm seal in an all-welded gauge-to-seal design that offers customers a leak-proof, tamper-proof, lower-cost alternative to an individual gauge and diaphragm seal.
- The USG Model 1981 pressure gauge also features 316L stainless steel internals and a seamless Bourdon tube standard, ensuring superior burst or rupture pressure performance.
- The finned-top XR-81 is compliant with NACE MR-01-03 and MR-0175 requirements and has a designed operating pressure of 3,000 psi at 100°F and a maximum static pressure rating of 5,000 psi.
- Along with the XR-81, AMETEK offers the XR-86, which is made with a USG Model 1986 gauge (MONEL® internals) welded to an M&G MONEL® diaphragm seal.
- Both the XR-81 and XR-86 all-welded gauges offer superior performance in corrosive and hazardous media applications than standalone gauges.
- All XR Series process gauges feature a solid front design that prevents internal components from becoming projectiles in the event of a rupture and back plates that vent instead of blowing out.
- The XR Series is especially suitable for refinery, petrochemical, oilfield and chemical manufacturing.