Fri, 05/25/2012 - 10:03am
Several features of the new Nor-Lake line of -86°C ultra-low temperature freezers now offered by Tovatech were identified as extremely useful by clinical lab staff during beta tests. According to the company, some of the useful features include:
- Lab personnel commented that transferring samples to the freezer was facilitated by its internal design, which readily accepts rack systems and storage containers from other manufacturers’ models.
- These narrow-profile units are available in 18.9-, 23.1- and 27.5-cubic-foot capacities, each with five internal compartments with separate, latched insulated doors and adjustable shelving.
- Along with optional inventory racks, cell dividers and fiberboard storage boxes the design minimizes content exposure to ambient air.
- These freezers can be set and display temperature in 0.1°C increments from -50°C to -86°C.
- Standard features include 24/7 alarming for internal and ambient temperature, power failure and door ajar.
- Each lab freezer’s door-mounted eye-level programmable logic microprocessor controller (PLC) is fitted with a real-time clock and provides event logging alarming history, advanced alarms, alarm test and memory functions, all with battery backup.
- An optional chart recorder is available for GLP record keeping.
- Compressor performance is monitored and automatically adjusted to internal and external conditions.
- Operators can program a delay in compressor restart after a power failure to help avoid false starts.
- Other equipment protection is provided by surge protectors and a boost/buck system to ensure proper operating voltage.
- As an added convenience, the freezers have a door-mounted dry erase board and a pocket organizer for document storage.
- They come with an 18-month parts and labor, and 5-year compressor warranty.