This Silicone Is Master of its Domain
Fri, 05/18/2012 - 11:00am
Master Bond recently launched its MasterSil 153 as an addition cured system, which does not require air for complete cross-linking and can be cured over wide surface areas. The company also says that this translucent 2-component silicone delivers:
- Enhanced bonding abilities to a wide variety of similar and dissimilar substrates, including most metals, plastics, glass, ceramic and cured silicone rubber, because it’s a self-priming system.
- Precise application as a result of optimal paste consistency.
- The flexibility to withstand severe thermal cycling, as well as vibration and mechanical shock.
- Optimized electrical insulation capabilities, water resistance and low shrinkage upon cure.
- A softer durometer of 20-35 Shore A hardness, thereby improving its repairability.
- A low exotherm and long working life of 5 to 7 hours at room temperature.
- An operating temperature range of -65° to more than 400°F.
- Easy handling with a 1:1 mix ratio by weight.
- Availability in a variety of packaging sizes, including half-pint, pint, quart, gallon and 5-gallon container kits.