Precise Six-Axis Robots
Thu, 05/24/2012 - 1:12pm
DENSO announces the introduction of ISO 5 (class 100) cleanroom versions of its new VS-Series six-axis articulated robots. According to the company, the new robots offer:
- The world’s highest speed and precision in their class, with cycle times from 0.37 to 0.33 seconds and repeatability from ±0.03 to ±0.02 millimeters.
- Reaches are from 500 to 900 millimeters and payload capacities from 4 to 7 kilograms.
- An even more compact design than previous models, including ultra-slim arms to facilitate integration and a new optional bottom-side cable connection that saves valuable floor space.
- The robots can be mounted on the floor, ceiling or wall with no special hardware needed.
- A new internal wiring option allows connection of Gigabit Ethernet devices and servo grippers directly to the robot flange, preventing cables from becoming tangled or interfering with peripheral equipment.
- ANSI and CE safety compliance allows global deployment.