Multi-Fuel Analyzer for Gasoline, Diesel & Biodiesel
The MINISCAN IRXpert analyzer from AMETEK Grabner® Instruments is the first completely portable multi-fuel analyzer for gasoline, diesel and biodiesel blends that incorporates the advantages of mid-IR and near-IR spectroscopy to achieve unmatched accuracy of fuel properties. According to the company:
- Based on Grabner’s long-standing expertise in fuel analysis, the MINISCAN IRXpert is an intelligent, self-learning analyzer that uses more than 12,000 data points from the infrared spectrum to determine the concentration of molecules in a sample — it is able to yield from that spectrum a “fingerprint” of more than 40 important fuel properties.
- It performs compound analysis according to international standards (ASTM D5845 for oxygenates, ASTM D6277 and EN 238 for benzene and EN 14078 for biodiesel).
- Predictions for octane number, AKI and cetane number are based on ASTM D2699, 2700, 613, ISO 5163, 5164; distillation on ASTM D86 and ISO 3405; and vapor pressure on ASTM D6378, D5191, D323 and EN 13016.
- An integrated temperature-controlled density meter allows for direct determination of fuel density.
- A high-end, full-color touch screen facilities menu navigation and allows for in-depth spectrum analysis. USB and Ethernet interfaces facilitate quick data transfer, printing, LIMS integration, and remote control and service.
- An unlimited number of new parameters can be added with the push of a button — users simply upload a database, and the analyzer creates the optimum measuring model.