Level Meter for Liquids & Solids
Fri, 05/11/2012 - 12:58pm
KROHNE, Inc. introduces the new OPTIFLEX 1100 C level meter for liquids and solids in non-explosive environments. According to the company, the meter offers:
- A cost-effective and higher-performing replacement for traditional level meters, such as RF capacitance, conductive and pressure level meters.
- A design that is two-wire, loop-powered and available with a standard 20-meter cable or segmented coaxial probe for liquids and a 10-meter cable probe for solids.
- All probes can be shortened on site and commissioning is completed via an intuitive five-step “Quick Setup” procedure.
- It is available with an integrated display and keypad in the cover so that it is not necessary to open the housing cover for configuration.
- A blind version is also available — multiple blind versions can be configured on site, using a single human-machine interface (HMI) service tool.
- It uses time domain reflectometry (TDR) technology, which measures level independent from physical property variations, such as dielectric constants, pressure or density.
- Unlike traditional meters, it does not need any wet calibration, is immune to linearity problems in irregular tank shapes and has neither fragile nor moving parts.