Connectors that Handle Hazardous Voltages
Mon, 05/14/2012 - 11:11am
Anderson Power Products recently launched its Saf-D-Grid connector system for use in the direct connection of DC electronic devices to a DC micro grid. The company believes that this connector system is also characterized by:
- Touch-safe connections up to 20 amperes at 600 VDC.
- A hot plug rating up to 700 A in-rush current at 400 volts.
- The capability to shield the user from arc flash during un-mating.
- Additional safety features that consist of a first-mate, last-break contact to provide ground, and an integral latch to prevent connectors from accidental un-mating.
- A rugged polycarbonate housing that is UL94 V-0 rated.
- Plug power cords, which are over-molded to provide both strain relief during mating and un-mating.
- A low-profile panel receptacle that fits the standard panel cut-out for IEC320 C14 outlets.
- \Ideal suitability for use in DC servers or any device connecting directly to renewable energy sources, such as solar or wind power.
- Compliance with international safety requirements for low-voltage applications to 400 VDC, including UL950 and IEC60950.
- Availability in 2-, 3-, and 5-m lengths in both single- and double-ended styles.