Barcode Traceability for Raw Materials
Wed, 05/16/2012 - 11:24am
Pepperl+Fuchs' PowerScan D cabled barcode reader system is now certified for use in Class I/II/III, Division 2 hazardous locations. The company states that PowerScan D:
- Reliably reads all common 1D-barcode types, even capturing damaged and difficult-to-read barcodes in hazardous areas and under harsh conditions.
- Is certified for use in Zone 1 and Class I/II/III, Division 1 hazardous areas.
- Can be a critical component in batching processes, recipe handling and procedure/operator validation, and traceability of raw material in batch and lot tracking.
- Is ideally suited to accurately capturing operating data in applications where high-quality production is demanded and where there is manual involvement in a recipe process such as pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, flavor and fragrance, and colors and paint.
- Is also available as a wireless barcode reading system for Zone 1 locations.