Adhesive That’s Serviceable at Cryogenic Temperatures
Master Bond has unveiled its EP30D-10 elastomer system with the strength, flexibility, performance and adhesive qualities that are traditionally associated with epoxies, along with the toughness and abrasion resistance of polyurethanes. The company says that this 100 percent reactive, 2-component adhesive also grants:
- The capability to bond well to a variety of substrates, including metals, wood, concrete, glass, vulcanized rubbers and many plastics.
- The convenience of curing at room temperature or more rapidly at elevated temperatures with minimal shrinkage.
- The power to cast and cure parts more than an inch thick without undue exothermic development.
- Resistance to thermal cycling and chemicals, including water, inorganic salts, acids and alkalis.
- Operation over a wide temperature range of 4 K to 220°F.
- A tensile strength of 1,500 PSI and an elongation exceeding 150 percent at 75°F.
- A mixed viscosity of less than 100,000 CPS.
- Optimal electrical insulation properties and optical clarity.
- A long working life of 180 minutes at room temperature for a 100-gram mass.
- A 100:05 mix ratio by weight.
- No use of solvents or diluents.
- A shelf life of 1 year at room temperature (in its original packaging).
- Availability in half-pint, pint, quart, gallon, and 5-gallon container kits.