Reliable pH & Temperature Sensor
The new Yokogawa SC25V is a reliable, very stable and high-accuracy 12 mm pH sensor that uses a VP-type connector to integrate multiple measuring elements in a single package, including a built-in temperature sensor and liquid earth. According to the company, additional characteristics include:
- Two versions of the sensor are available, both with a pH range from zero to 14 pH and designed for pressures up to 10 bar.
- The general-purpose version is suitable for moderate applications, and has an operating temperature range from -10° up to +80°C, while the high-temperature/alkaline version is designed for harsher applications, and has a temperature range from +15°C up to +130°C.
- Both types include a PT1000 temperature sensor integrated into the pH compartment for more accurate temperature compensation, along with a silver/silver chloride reference system located close to the pH measuring glass for more accurate measurements during temperature fluctuations.
- The titanium liquid earth has a large surface with no polarization and a low risk of pollution.
- The large surface area of the pH glass also results in very accurate, stable and rapidly responding pH measurements.
- The relatively thick glass makes the bulb suitable for heavy duty purposes and allows CIP and steam cleaning.