Flexible Silicone Cables for Oil Drilling
Tue, 04/10/2012 - 12:51pm
Cicoil's Highly Flexible Silicone Cables are designed for extreme temperatures (-65°C to +260°C), punishing weather and harsh operating conditions. According to the company, the cables are:
- Ideal in downhole oil drilling and flare ignition systems.
- Halogen-free and are an excellent alternative to stiff and bulky cables.
- Encapsulated by Cicoil’s exclusive crystal-clear silicone encapsulation that needs no external "armor" or conduit for protection, is tear-resistant and will not deform or wear during a lifetime of more than 10 million cycles.
- Unaffected when exposed to flames (UL 94 V-0), elevated temperatures (+260°C), arctic environments (-65°C), UV rays, high voltages, ice, sea water, acid rain, corrosion, coarse sand, mud, shock, severe vibration, sunlight, mechanical stress and most chemicals.
- Available with anti-friction coating options by request, for applications that require abrasion and adhesion resistance.
- UL-Recognized, CE-Conforming, RoHS & REACH Compliant and manufactured in an automated, climate-controlled environment.