Expanded Mixer-Testing Services
Technical Director Ken Langhorn has announced the addition of new mixing and blending equipment at the Ross Test & Development Center located at the company’s headquarters in Long Island, NY. According to the company, the new additions and services include:
- A 1-cubic-foot Ribbon/Paddle Blender and a 2-gallon Planetary Dual Disperser, both rated for vacuum operation, equipped with a jacketed vessel for heating/cooling, and capable of variable speed and automated discharge.
- A 5-cubic-foot Tumble Blender with mirror finish V-cone vessel and integrated controls is also now available for mixing trials.
- Demonstration and testing services to help customers identify the best possible equipment for their particular application, generate data for scale-up or solve a mixing problem.
- The facility houses over 30 mixing, blending and dispersion equipment of various sizes including High Shear Mixers, Ultra-High Shear Mixers, Powder Injection Systems, Multi-Shaft Mixers, Double Planetary Mixers, Planetary Dispersers, Vertical Blenders and a Three Roll Mill.
- Auxiliary equipment such as heaters, chillers, spray bars, vacuum pumps, condensers, discharge systems, diaphragm, centrifugal and positive displacement pumps are also available.
- It has its own analytical laboratory equipped with a particle size analyzer, viscometers, moisture analyzers, microscopes, sieves, pycnometers, pH meters, grind gauges and other instruments.
- Utilizing the end user’s actual raw materials, the process-line simulations performed at the test center are essential in confirming the most appropriate mixing strategy prior to making a purchase commitment.
- Factory Acceptance Tests (FATs) are also done at the center for customers who choose this service for their new Ross mixers.