Custom Digital Pressure Sensors
For particularly demanding pressure-sensing applications, Sensortechnics now offers custom piezoresistive pressure sensors with very high resolution and accuracy from 2.5 mbar (1 inH2O) full scale. According to the company, the sensors are characterized by:
- A high-quality, low noise amplifier and subsequent 24 bit A/D converter provide for high-resolution digital signals comparable to analog signals and high signal-to-noise-ratios.
- The sensors utilize a microcontroller which allows correction algorithms for temperature compensation and linearization to be programmed flexibly.
- The sensors achieve very high accuracies with a typical total error band of 0.1 percent and fast response times of up to 250 µs.
- They offer various possibilities for custom specific adaptions, including the calibration, signal conditioning and signal transmission of the sensor.
- The company offers modifications of the digital sensor interface (I²C, SPI) according to customers’ requirements and programs custom communication protocols as well as additional functionality, such as status requests, diagnostic messages or an auto-zero function.