Torque Density Reaches New Heights
Fri, 03/09/2012 - 10:08am
Pittman® G30A planetary gearboxes are designed with maximum torque density and durability in mind. According to the company, these small gearboxes feature:
- A design engineered to complement five different series of Pittman motors.
- A mounting profile of 30.5mm (1.20-in) in diameter, or 38.0mm (1.50-in) square when the optional mounting flange is used.
- Gearbox lengths vary depending on the gear reduction and range from 33.7 millimeters (1.33 inches) to 51.2 millimeters (2.02 inches).
- Fourteen standard reduction ratios are available ranging from 4:1 to 1296:1 and allow a maximum output load of 2.47Nm (350 oz-in) to 8.83Nm (1250 oz-in).
- Custom gear ratios can also be configured to meet just about any application need.
- Sintered steel planet gears promote high torque capacity and low audible noise while maintaining a compact design.
- Single-piece carrier plates with integral gear posts and sun gear can be arranged to achieve many different reduction ratios.
- The gearbox output is through a 416 stainless steel shaft and a sintered metal output bearing.
- Optional ball bearings are available for high radial loads.