Plug- & -Play Discharge Detector
Wed, 03/14/2012 - 8:52am
VICI’s Pulsed Discharge helium ionization Detector (PDD) extends the detection capabilities of the popular Agilent 6890 and new 7890 GCs. According to the company, features include:
- The basic operating mode of the PDD can replace many of the detectors currently used by GC manufacturers.
- Pulsed discharge detector Model D-3-1-HP is designed for plug-and-play installation on Agilent GCs, with models available for the 6890 and 7890.
- The D-3-1-HP is optimized for trace level work in the helium photoionization mode, and utilizes the electronics and power supply of the host GC.
- The system includes detector cell, pulser and FID board, plus standard and mini helium purifiers to provide the best possible sensitivity.
- It is suitable for use with columns from 50 micron capillaries to 1/8-inch packed.
- The PDD is non-radioactive, non-destructive, highly sensitive and universal.
- Response is linear over a wide range, and MDQs for most compounds are in the low ppb range.
- With no open flame, no hydrogen requirement and close-to-true-mass response, the PDD is the ideal upgrade for FIDs in petrochemical environments.
- When the helium discharge gas is doped with a suitable noble gas, the detector functions as a lampless, windowless photoionization detector.