Flexible & Cost-Effective Palletizing
ABB Robotics has launched the PalletPack 460, a pre-engineered package of proven robotic palletizing components, featuring the new IRB 460 robot designed specifically for high-speed end-of-line palletizing. According to the company, key features include:
- The packaged configuration offers integrated hardware with full documentation, significantly reducing overall project costs and engineering set-up time.
- Available for either high-speed bag palletizing or compact end-of-line case palletizing, the function package consists of an IRB 460 palletizing robot, a Flex-Gripper end-of-arm tool, an ABB control PLC, a Jokab safety PLC, PalletWare support software, user documentation and the ABB FlexPendant featuring an easy-to-use graphical HMI.
- The 4-axis IRB 460, the fastest known palletizing robot on the market, features a reach of 2.4 meters and 110-kilogram capacity, with a compact footprint that makes it ideal for integration into existing packing lines.
- A prime feature of the PalletPack is the programming wizard that makes the programming very similar to that used for a traditional PLC, enabling PLC programmers without specific robotic experience to program the system and eliminating the complications that can arise when special skills are required.
- The programming and operation are carried out via the user friendly FlexPendant, the standard ABB Robotics HMI, which features a graphical interface with four user-friendly screens: pallet and pick set-up, pallet pattern set-up, path profile edition and movement edition.