Detectors for Volatile Organic Compounds
As a result of extensive research and development from the world’s global leader in infrared cameras, FLIR Systems has developed the ThermaCAM® GasFindIR™, a new infrared imaging technology that is superior in finding VOC leaks. According to the company, the technology is:
- Great news for both the environment and the petrochemical industry.
- The tool needed to aid in eliminating VOC leaks, which are a common problem in petrochemical facilities.
- Characterized by the latest infrared imaging technology — it uses a special infrared imager that employs a sensitive detector and cold filter to observe active leaks.
- Able to offer this precise method that surpasses toxic vapor analyzers (TVAs), or “sniffers,” which are labor intensive and can only give an indication of a VOC leak without an image.
- Able to present real-time thermal images of gas leaks, which appear as “black smoke” onscreen, when they are actually fugitive gas emissions.
- Capable of capturing and recording your images to any off -the-shelf video recorder for easy archiving, documenting or emailing.
- Revolutionary, since it enables workers to scan large areas to detect leaks, therefore greatly increasing productivity.