This new turnkey isolated milling suite encloses the innovative ARTMiS Automated RealTime Milling System within Powder Systems Ltd.'s (PSL) containment unit, providing a secure, advanced processing solution for those dealing with highly potent and/or high-value materials. According to the company, characteristics of this suite include:
- Introduced last year, ARTMiS brings Sturtevant’s Micronizer® Jet Mill together with a Malvern Insitec particle size analyzer and the Schenck AccuRate PureFeed® Feeder to deliver a fully automated system for jet milling that offers exemplary process control for optimal manufacturing efficiency.
- Built on the expertise of all three companies, it simplifies and optimizes the jet milling process, reducing operational requirements to the input of a particle size distribution set point and introduction of the feed.
- ARTMiS delivers a closely controlled, consistent product with minimal manual intervention, simultaneously maximizing process throughput and reducing the need for manual analysis
- The Micronizer® Jet Mill at the heart of ARTMiS is a low-maintenance unit that delivers a narrow particle-size distribution.
- Insitec continuously monitors, in real-time, the particle size of the material exiting the mill, measuring complete particle size distributions in less than one second; this data is used to precisely moderate the feed rate via a simple PID control loop that acts on the Schenck AccuRate PureFeed® Feeder.
- The PSL isolator is the optimum solution when containment of the jet milling process is required —it provides full operator protection through high containment to nanogram levels, and a controlled, safe environment while performing size reduction of active ingredients.
- PSL’s nitrogen purge systems are able to achieve less than 1 percent RH.