The ABB Low Voltage Products division has released TVOC-2, a new generation of its proprietary Arc Guard System™ that has been protecting electrical equipment from dangerous electrical arc flashes for over 35 years. According to the company, features include:
- An arc flash can be detected in less than one millisecond, and depending on the disconnecting device, it will typically disconnect the power to the switchgear within 30 to 50 milliseconds.
- Pre-calibrated optical sensors and fiber optic point sensors.
- Hardware based self-monitoring system for critical functions; the software is used only for supervision and information processing.
- Wide-ranging input voltage ratings (100 to 240 V AC and 100 to 250 V DC).
- Selective tripping of only the affected circuit breaker, not all breakers within a system.
- The HMI can be mounted on the TVOC-2 or panel door.
- Standard system has 10 sensor inputs, expandable to 30.
- The system can be configured according to specification.
- User-friendly start-up menu, easy to install.
- Mounting options on DIN-Rail or directly on a panel wall.
- Easy to expand as the switchgear grows.