Precise Point- & -Shoot Temperature Measurement
General Tools & Instruments has developed its IRT657 12:1 wide-range infrared thermometer for testing and troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and components. According to the company, this precise point-and-shoot, gun-style infrared thermometer features:
- Accurate and easy measurement of surface temperatures — including hot, cold or inaccessible equipment — from a safe distance.
- A broad measurement range of -40° to 1,076°F (-40° to 580°C).
- An accuracy of ±3°F (2°C) above 32°F (0°C) and ±5°F (3°C) below 32°F (0°C).
- A 1.6-inch diagonal backlit LCD and a handy front-panel °F/°C selection switch.
- A fast response time of 250 milliseconds.
- A 12:1 distance-to-spot ratio, in addition to a fixed emissivity of 0.95.
- The ability to monitor food-processing and storage temperatures; check heating, AC and refrigeration system components; test chillers, steam traps and heat exchangers; audit energy; find hot spots in engine or exhaust systems; and identify overheated equipment or electrical systems.
- A rugged, ergonomic design, powered by an included 9-V battery.
- A carrying case and user’s manual.
- A host of suitable applications in HVACR, building/facilities maintenance, manufacturing, electrical, maintenance, repair and operations, and other markets.