Fume Hoods with an Air of Sophistication
Tue, 02/28/2012 - 10:37am
Air Science has developed its new ductless fume hoods with sophisticated airflow, filter alarms and advanced safety features. According to the company, these units additionally deliver:
- The flexibility to choose the main filter from 14 different types of carbon, which include specialty media for vapors of organics, solvents, acids, mercury and formaldehyde.
- A 100-FPM face velocity to ensure the containment of fumes.
- An alarm to alert the operator when the airflow falls to an unacceptable level.
- A removable spillage tray, which can be easily cleaned, in the work area.
- An energy-saving design that recirculates clean air into the laboratory, so as not to exhaust expensive conditioned and/or heated air into the atmosphere.
- All head-section mechanisms located on the clean side of the filter to help prevent contamination.
- Switches and electrical components that are totally isolated from the dirty airflow and away from any contamination.
- Optimized operator protection when using hazardous substances.
- Sizes that range from 2 to 8 feet.
- Availability of HEPA filters for particulate filtration to suit your application needs.
- Optional integral lighting.