Explosion-Proof Loop-Powered Indicators
Wed, 02/29/2012 - 9:06am
Yokogawa Corp. recently unveiled its MLX loop-powered indicator, which incorporates the LCD from the company’s EJX pressure transmitter into a NEMA 4X aluminum housing. The company believes that the MLX is also characterized by:
- An additional view of the measured value of flow, pressure, liquid level or temperature between a field instrument and the control room.
- A 6-digit numerical display with a range of ±999999, a 6-digit alphanumeric display for engineering units and a 20-segment bar graph indicating 0 to 100 percent of full scale.
- Operation from a 4- to 20-mA DC input.
- The capability to extract the square root from the 4- to 20-mA signal sent by the differential flow/pressure transmitter displaying the actual flow reading to aid in flow measurement.
- Configurability of the numerical and alphanumeric displays to show desired numbers and engineering units.
- Horizontal or vertical mounting on a 2-inch pipe.
- Suitability for use in potentially hazardous environments.
- Compliance with FM explosion-proof requirements.
- Epoxy resin or polyurethane-epoxy paint options, in addition to an optional calibration range and scale, and stainless steel tag.