Don’t Lose Your Bearings
Fri, 02/10/2012 - 10:28am
Baldor Electric Co. has added 98 new ratings to the popular Baldor•Reliance® Super-E motors with the internal AEGIS bearing-protection ring. According to the company, the product line is characterized by:
- Originally launched in 2010, the line provides end-users with off-the-shelf availability of motors equipped with a pre-installed shaft ground.
- The additional 98 ratings expands the existing 4 pole line of TEFC & ODP designs through 100 HP and adds a generous offering of 2 and 6 pole models, as well.
- Additionally, 575V TEFC motors were added, 1 to 50 HP, as well as TEFC & ODP close-coupled pump motors.
- While most shaft ground applications utilize a shaft ground on the outside of the motor, these models have the grounding ring factory-installed internally on the motor; this internal design minimizes exposure to the outside elements and keeps the grounding ring from being damaged by external forces.
- Applications include heating, ventilation and air conditioning blower and fan motors, pump motors and other general purpose applications using an adjustable speed drive.