Wireless Sensor for Web-Based Monitoring
Wed, 01/25/2012 - 11:40am
NEWPORT Electronics recently unveiled its zSeries wireless sensor system for monitoring and recording temperature, humidity and barometric pressure in critical applications. According to the company, these sensors also offer:
- The power to transmit up to 300 feet (without obstructions) to a coordinator device, which is connected directly to an Ethernet network and the Internet.
- The ability to trigger an alarm (sent via email or text message to an Internet-enabled cell phone or PDA, to a single user or group distribution list) if variables go above or below a set point that you determine.
- Compact wireless end devices that mount discretely on the wall in clean rooms, laboratories or any remote facility.
- No use for special software — simply use a web browser.
- Compliance with IEEE 802.15.4, operating at 2.4 GHz.