Tue, 01/03/2012 - 10:22am
EMD Millipore has expanded the Mobius® CellReady Bioreactor portfolio with the launch of a 200-liter single-use stirred tank bioreactor for pilot- and clinical-scale mammalian cell culture. According to the company, this new single-use bioreactor:
- Further demonstrates the company’s commitment to support the industry’s move towards implementing complete single-use bioprocess templates.
- Integrates a number of innovative features that deliver ease of use, reliability and operational flexibility when compared with existing single-use systems.
- Extends the company’s full-train portfolio of single-use systems, which enable customers to bring biological drugs to market faster, at a lower cost and with less risk than traditional stainless steel systems.
- Features innovative Mobius® SensorReady technology, which offers the ultimate flexibility to configure process monitoring at the point of use, reducing the need to customize bioreactor process containers and enabling easy integration of new sensor technologies.
- Is characterized by a unique rigid base and top panel design of the bioreactor process container that enables simple, reliable and robust installation — improving operator confidence in set up and routine operation.
- Is available as a complete, turn-key system or as a modular system to integrate with the platform of choice.