Maximize Energy Efficiency
NovaTorque, Inc. has introduced its next-generation design of 3hp and 5hp PremiumPlus+™ motors, which boast motor-only rated point efficiencies of 93.0 percent and 92.0 percent for 3hp and 5hp versions, respectively. According to the company, the motors are further characterized by:
- A brushless permanent-magnet design, driven by variable frequency drives.
- A unique, patented flux-focusing stator and rotor hub geometry.
- The motors produce this performance with an all-ferrite (versus rare earth) magnet design.
- The motors are packaged in standard NEMA frame sizes and mounting dimensions for easy substitution.
- Due to their high power density, they are available both in the mounting frame size typical for induction motors, as well as one frame size smaller.
- They are compatible with readily available variable frequency drives (VFDs) from most leading manufacturers, including ABB, Yaskawa, Mitsubishi, Fuji, Hitachi, Toshiba and others.