Ergonomic Stacker for Manufacturing & Assembly
Tue, 01/24/2012 - 9:32am
New Stack-n-Go™ fully powered compact stackers from Southworth Products Corp. are versatile, multi-purpose machines that offer a number of ergonomic features. According to the company, the stackers are further characterized by:
- Built on short but stable wheelbases, they provide maximum maneuverability, even in tight quarters.
- They are ideal for use in light manufacturing, warehousing, assembly and retail facilities.
- They are suitable for transporting loads on pallets and stacking loads up to 7½ feet high, and they can also serve as adjustable workstations for loading and unloading.
- They feature narrow, 62-inch-high masts and offset control handles to give the operator a clear view of what’s up ahead.
- The ergonomically designed handle puts all controls within easy reach, for maximum comfort and convenience.
- Forward- and reverse-drive “thumb” switches are located on both sides of the handle to accommodate left- or right-hand operation.
- An auto-reversing “belly switch” protects the user from potential injury when walking the unit backwards, while an automatic brake immediately halts travel when the handle is released.
- Power is achieved via two 12-volt batteries, and a 110-volt built-in charger is standard.
- They are available in fork-over design for use with open-bottom pallets and in straddle design for use with closed-bottom pallets.
- One Stack-n-Go™ straddle model features a two-stage extendable mast that enables the unit to lift loads of up to 2,500 pounds 7½ feet high (90 inches); all other models have a lifting height of more than 3½ feet (43 inches) and a lift capacity of 3,000 pounds.