Electrically Conductive Adhesive & Sealant
Developed for rigorous bonding and sealing in demanding manufacturing applications, the Master Bond EP3HTSMED epoxy system features a rapid cure schedule and a tensile shear strength exceeding 1,000 psi. According to the company, the adhesive/sealant:
- Is 100-percent reactive and fully meets USP Class VI requirements for medical applications.
- Is a silver-filled epoxy adhesive/sealant that has remarkable electrical conductivity with a volume resistivity of less than 0.001 ohm cm.
- Is serviceable over the wide temperature range of -60 to 400°F, and resistant to severe thermal cycling and many chemicals including water, fuels, oil, and most organic solvents.
- Has a specific gravity of 2.90 at 77°F, requires no mixing, and needs only contact pressure during a simple heat cure of 20 to 40 minutes at 300°F or 40 to 90 minutes at 250°F.
- Features minimal shrinkage during cure and a Shore D hardness of 60 to 80, and it bonds well to a variety of substrates including metals, glass, vulcanized rubbers, ceramics and many plastics.
- Is silver in color and is packaged in syringes or glass jars.
- Has a shelf life of 6 months in a glass jar and a shelf life of 3 months when stored in a syringe at room temperature.