Easy-to-Install Motor Controllers
Mon, 01/23/2012 - 11:59am
Allen-Bradley ArmorStart LT distributed motor controllers from Rockwell Automation are compact, easy to install, and able to quickly connect to the enterprise network. According to the company, they are further characterized by:
- Ideal suitability for coordinating conveyor motor systems used in material handling and packaging applications and other types of warehouse distribution systems.
- The presence of On-Machine architecture — a pre-engineered system that helps simplify wiring, speeds up commissioning time and reduces the need for extra cabinet space.
- ArmorStart LT with EtherNet/IP connectivity improves the exchange of critical information about machine performance and component health, while allowing operators to access parameters, status and diagnostics, regardless of location.
- Simplified installation thanks to the distributed motor controllers’ dual-port EtherNet/IP switch technology, which supports device-level ring (DLR) network topology.
- Information can be seamlessly communicated in real time to various levels of an organization, without requiring additional complexity.
- The distributed motor controllers include an add-on profile for Rockwell Software RSLogix 5000, the software used to program Allen-Bradley CompactLogix and Allen-Bradley ControlLogix programmable controllers.
- The add-on profile’s automatic, predefined tag names provide manufacturers with a common language that can help improve consistency, programming speed and efficiency.
- The ArmorStart LT distributed motor controllers support a transparent clock to synchronize motor devices on an EtherNet/IP architecture, accommodating for delays introduced by other devices on the network.
- To help enhance safety, the devices contain a standard, local disconnect feature that allows operators to turn off the motor and perform lockout tagout procedures during maintenance.
- They also are group-motor listed so multiple units can be grouped under one branch circuit protection device.