Easily Transfer Toxic Fluids
Tue, 01/17/2012 - 8:35am
OPW Engineered Systems’ Endura™ Series Dual Split Flange (DSF) swivel joint is specifically designed to transfer acids, solvents, petrochemicals and other toxic fluids. According to the company, the swivel joints feature:
- Heavy-duty construction and unique design components.
- Optimized performance and downtime prevention.
- No ball bearings to remove — simply unbolt the sealing flanges to access the seals.
- A bearing module that also allows for easy replacement and rebuild options.
- A longer life and lower total cost of ownership when compared to other available swivel joints.
- Redundant sealing, meaning that it incorporates a main seal, back-up seal and an environmental seal (if the main product seal ever leaks due to normal wear, the back-up seal contains the fluid).
- Availability in 2-, 3- and 4-inch sizes; in a range of materials, including carbon steel and stainless steel; and with standard seal materials such as Buna-N, Fluorocarbon, PTFE, EPDM and Neoprene.