Cables for Extreme Temperatures
Tue, 01/10/2012 - 8:05am
Cicoil’s Festoon Cables are designed for continuous flexing and extreme-temperature applications (-65°C to +260°C). According to the company, the cables are:
- Ideal in overhead crane, gantry and material handling systems.
- UV-resistant and are an excellent alternative to PVC- and Neoprene-jacketed flat cables that do not provide reliability in severe environments and harsh weather conditions.
- Characterized by the company’s exclusive crystal-clear silicone encapsulation that is tear-resistant, needs no external “armor” or conduit for protection, and will not deform or wear during a lifetime of more than 10 million cycles.
- Unaffected when exposed to flames (UL 94 V-0), extreme heat, ice, snow, salt water, acid rain, coarse sand, shock, vibration, sunlight and most chemicals.
- Available with anti-friction coating options (by request).
- Characterized by flat construction, which allows for stacking multiple cables where space is at a premium.
- Available from stock and custom designs (standard, "off the shelf" Festoon Cables) incorporating shielded wires or signal pairs, tubing for air or fluid transfer, and the company’s patented Strip Mount™ fastening strip.
- UL Recognized, CE Conforming, RoHS Compliant and are manufactured in an automated, climate-controlled environment.