Weighing Terminal Goes Mobile
Mon, 12/05/2011 - 10:06am
Mettler Toledo’s intrinsically safe harsh/analog IND560x weighing terminal is now available with an external NiMH battery option. According to the company, the IND560x-PAB (Power Adapter Board):
- Offers greater portability and flexibility in potentially hazardous production environments, while ensuring excellent accuracy.
- Is designed for exacting process control in filling, dosing, and manual weighing operations.
- Features optional internal solid-state discrete inputs and passive outputs, which offer direct control of the intrinsically safe solenoids.
- Has a 366 Hz analog-to-digital conversion rate and 50 Hz target update rate, which help deliver maximum filling and dosing control for consistent and safe formulation in high-speed, automatic production applications, making it one of the fastest weighing terminals on the market.
- Triggers process control actions in just 20 milliseconds.
- Is capable of running custom filling and dosing applications developed using the company’s Task Expert™ programming tool.
- Offers an enclosure certified for IP69K ingress protection, which ensures reliable operation in even the harshest industrial environments.
- Has an intrinsically safe serial port that allows direct communications connection to devices, such as approved bar code readers.
- Features fiber-optic or copper wire connections to communication modules in the safe area that provide nearly limitless configuration possibilities when integrating the IND560x to a higher level PLC, DCS, MES, or MRP system.
- Is available with optional software pacs that offer advanced application-specific capabilities for filling, vehicle weighing, and custom communications.
- Features TraxEMT™ (Embedded Maintenance Technician), which automatically logs critical system information and aids in the terminal’s compliance with stringent process validation requirements.