Sterile Performance for Pharmaceutical Applications
Thu, 12/22/2011 - 5:07am
Almatec® recently launched its BIOCOR Series air-operated double-diaphragm pumps for use in pharmaceutical applications that require the highest level of sterile operation. According to the company, the BIOCOR Series also provides:
- 4 ball-lifting magnets (on the B20 and B32 only) that are attached to the pump housing at the location of the 4 ball valves, which ensures that the pump is drained completely without having to be dismounted, enabling clean-in-place and sanitize-in-place capabilities, while eliminating the need for mechanical ball-lifters that would be located in the wetted area.
- Step-less flow control, which prevents overpressure while ensuring maximized output and efficiency, via air pressure and volume without complex mechanical control units.
- The patented PERSWING P® air control system, which is a metal-free, pneumatically pilot-operated control system that ensures accurate reversal of the main piston and is characterized by low noise level.
- Availability in 3 sizes — B20, B32 and B40 — with maximum capacities of 15, 34 and 70 GPM at a maximum discharge pressure of 100 PSI
- A profile without horizontal areas where product can get trapped.
- Electro-polished 316L (Basel Standard II with a ferrite content of less than 1 percent) stainless steel material with a center block of PE conductive for the wetted housing parts, while the diaphragms, ball valves and O-rings are made of PTFE or EPDM.
- EHEDG certification and conformance to ATEX regulations that are laid out in the 94/9/EG directive.