Optimal USB Protrection
Fri, 12/16/2011 - 9:05am
Amphenol introduces its USBField USBAP plastic USB connection for harsh environments. According to the company, the USBAP grants:
- Optimal protection for use in severe environments.
- Availability in encapsulated rugged USB wires, as well as receptacles integrating an automatic cap (which automatically protects the receptacle when the plug is unmated) and a waterproof USB memory key with a capacity from 2 to 8 GB.
- An IP67 rating (1hour under 1 m of water) in the mated condition, when the plug is connected to the receptacle or in the USB memory key.
- IP54 protection (dust and water) when the receptacle is fitted to its self-closing cap in the unmated mode.
- A temperature range from - 40° to 85°C.
- Suitability for applications involving access points on telecom equipment, video controls, robotics and industrial process automation, among others.