Molded TPE Components
AdvantaPure’s AdvantaFlex biopharmaceutical-grade TPE is now offered as molded Tri-Clamp® fittings, BioClosure™ container-sealing systems, and connections such as wyes, tees, crosses, and reducers. The company says that the components’ key features include:
- Previously available only in tubing form, this new development allows entire single-use molded manifold assemblies to be manufactured from TPE (thermoplastic elastomer).
- The single resin system helps avoid operator errors and makes it possible for only one resin validation to be required.
- Users will benefit from the elimination of barbed fittings and their possibility for leaks and contamination.
- Molded connections provide a crevice-free, seamless transition for continuous, unrestricted flow.
- Rough-cut cable ties (and their potential for damage) are also removed from these critical biopharmaceutical and pharmaceutical process applications.
- All of the tubing assemblies are custom-made to specifications.
- The components are available now as wye (Y), tee (T), and cross (X) connectors, as well as reducer connectors.
- Both mini and standard hygienic clamp unions (commonly known as Tri-Clamp or sanitary ends) are also offered.
- All styles range in sizes from .125 inch I.D. to .750 inch O.D., and other sizes are in development.
- BioClosure container closures made from AdvantaFlex are available as caps, with or without tubing, and provide biologically safe, secure seals for vessels of glass, plastic, or metal.