Improved Supercritical Fluid Extractor
Mon, 12/19/2011 - 8:31am
Supercritical Fluid Technologies (SFT) has introduced a new bench-top supercritical fluid extractor (SFE): the model SFT-110. According to the company, the new model features:
- A design that builds upon the strengths of its popular predecessor, the SFT-100.
- A completely redesigned restrictor valve, with integrated micrometer, that allows for very precise flow control, which is essential for demanding applications.
- A completely removable oven lid and large side panel, which allow the user easy access to the high pressure vessel.
- An indicator light on the SFT-10 pump module that alerts the user to proper operation of the Peltier pre-cooler, ensuring CO2 is maintained in the liquid state.
- A robust outlet from the restrictor, which ensures that users will not accidentally damage the outlet tube when inserting it into the collection container.
- Suitability for both research- and process-development applications.