High-Speed Tray & Shrink System
Mon, 12/19/2011 - 12:04pm
Standard-Knapp’s 296TS Continuum™ tray/shrink system features upgrades to the system’s user interface, wrapping wand and film feed module. According to the company, the system is additionally characterized by:
- User-friendly, easy-to-maintain and reliable design, perfect for challenging 24/7 applications.
- An intuitive graphic operator interface and an advanced diagnostic program that automatically directs the operator to a fault screen in the event of a problem and provides automatic scheduled maintenance alerts.
- Heavy-duty, stainless steel-framed system that features easy “walk-by” maintenance, made possible by transparent guarding that allows the system’s parts to remain clearly visible.
- The shrink wrapping section features an on-demand film wrapping wand, controlled by a servo motor and sensor.
- Eliminating the continuous cycle operation of previous wands, the on-demand wand runs only when needed, eliminating wasteful wear and tear.
- The film feed redesign includes a simple, single-pass, error-free film thread system.
- The film bed has also been outfitted with an easy-access clamshell design that can easily be opened and removed for a periodic maintenance.
- Operating at speeds up to 80 trays per minute, the system provides a smooth transition during the product/tray merge.
- The system offers servo-driven Zero-Gap infeed technology for balanced, jam-resistant packing lanes.
- Customers can choose between a free-standing or complete tray/shrink system, as well as an integrated tray stacker option.
- Handling the largest diameter range in the industry, the system is ideal for both loose containers and multipacks in a variety of materials, including glass, PET, HDPE, metal and fiber cans, HiCone, shrink bundles, and paperboard overwrap (these products can be packed into both corrugated and chipboard trays for added flexibility).