Glass Rotameter for SIL applications
Mon, 12/05/2011 - 10:10am
Yokogawa’s new Glass Rotameter, RAGN, is designed to offer an unlimited lifetime combined with safe and virtually maintenance-free operation. According to the company, the RAGN:
- Resists highly corrosive media and is used for the continuous flow measurement of liquids and gases.
- Has been assessed to SIL 1 acc. to the reworked IEC 61508:2010 and complies with the Machinery Directive ISO 13849-1 standard.
- Comes in an all stainless-steel design and offers the widest measuring ranges, from 2 ml/h – 10 m³/h water and 0.1 l/h – 160 m³/h air.
- Features a measuring glass tube that is equipped with an easy-to-read-scale highlighted by a yellow background and protected by a splinter shield.
- Includes modular design limit switches that can be easily retrofitted and are used to indicate minimum or maximum flow alarms, by outputting a signal when the magnetic float has reached or exceeded the limit switch position.
- Is available with an optional cable connection box, available for simple wiring.
- Features very low pressure loss compared to many other flow measuring principles, and therefore consume less energy.
- Is maintenance-free and has an unlimited lifetime (with common applications and normal operating conditions).